When Sean was born doctors predicted he would not survive past birth because of a rare bone disorder that stunted his growth and caused his bones to be extremely fragile. Despite these challenges, he's taken a stand for a quality of life that has reached millions of people around the world, including Sir Richard Branson, President Clinton, and his Holiness the 14th Dalai Lama. Sean has appeared on everything from The Oprah Show to Youtube videos with millions of views. The Biography Channel did an hour feature on his life called, “Three Foot Giant.” His message has been heard at live events in over 15 countries and 47 states over the past 16 years. Sean's latest book, “Get Off Your But” has swept the US and been released in over a half dozen languages around the world. As a board certified therapist, Sean uses humor and compassion to develop a fun environment where individuals open their hearts and minds for lasting empowerment to occur.
- [02:44] – Tell us about the life of Sean
- [03:09] – I teach what I teach about confidence, overcoming insecurities. I do what I do for my own good.
- [04:03] – We teach what we need to hear most often. I hear my own message over & over.
- [04:39] – What are some of the common insecurities that people have and how do you help people come out of that?
- [04:45] – All insecurities can be boiled down to one thing – the feeling that “you are not….enough”. Insecurity is something that you can’t get rid of but it’s something you have to stay ahead of.
- [06:39] – Why were you born? What’s your purpose?
- [08:28] – Self-care, what do you do in your day-to-day activities that nourishes you?
- [10:02] – How can transitioners practise self-care? How to keep them motivated?
- [10:44] – Entrepreneurs have challenges too, if not more challenges than a 9 to 5-er. When you’re the Captain of the ship, you are directing the course of the ship. When you are a crew member of someone else’s ship, you can’t even determine where you’re going.
- [13:51] – Tell us more about the “The Prison of Your Mind” talk.
- [14:12] - I have spoken to inmates who will never see freedom (in the traditional sense) again.
- [14:47] – I have also seen people who are not in physical prisons but yet they are miserable although they have lots of money. They are stuck in the prison of their minds.
- [15:48] – Your heart is where your passion is.
- [17:05] – What do I have power over? I have power over my mind. I am no longer a prisoner to my body.
- [32:30] - How to get started to be a speaker? What advice would you give?
- They come and work with me! I teach short courses.
- Human beings are fascinated with somebody who is creative with metaphors. Your minds can build pictures. Study metaphors!
- I started 22 years ago. You got to put in the time and get the right coaches.
- I even studied hypnosis.
- [22:46] – Who in your life is important to you most?
- No one succeeds alone.
- People that have what I want and when I help them get more, they will pull me up too.
- People that want what I have. Teach people what you have mastered.
- Don’t worry about success. Confidence is a by-product.
- Focus on value creation. When you create so much value, you have no choice but to get rich!
- Focus on becoming something rather than achieving, acquiring and doing something.