Rachel Luna is a best-selling author, international speaker and elite business coach. A former US Marine, this 4 foot 11 inch firecracker has a reputation for inspiring confident action and helping her clients double, triple and quadruple their income. If you're stuck in a rut and want to increase your income and your confidence so you can get you to the next level, Rachel Luna is the woman to call.
- [02:43] What triggered you to start your own business?
- I have always been an entrepreneur, ever since I was a kid.
- [04:15] In my early 20s, I bought into a T-Shirt company. I am at good at promoting things.
- [04:33] How I went into my current business was almost accidental. I was working in Germany and my life was a hard mess. I was in and out of a bad relationship, I was overweight and in debt. I hired a life coach. She said I had such an interesting life story and positive energy and that I would make a good life coach. I said no one is going to listen to me. She said not now but once you get yourself together and that’s going to be inspiring for other people. They will want to know how you did it. In 3 months my life turned around. I got certified as a life coach.
- [07:14] Tell us about your first book and the second book that you are working on.
- I did not know that when I wrote the book, I was actually going to publish the book. I started working on a fiction book. Then I went to join a non-fiction book competition. I had to write a book proposal and the first chapter, create a video and get a good number of likes just to get to the next round.
- [09:23] I made it to the Top 25. In the next round, I had to write 3 more chapters. I was writing the book to be in the competition just to win. I didn’t win.
- [09:53] However, because of the social media promotion, people were asking me when the book will be done. I used Create Space.com to publish the book and it was an easy process.
- [12:23] The book talked about one trait that all successful people have – they were really authentic. It talked about funding your dream.
- [13:15] There are questions in the book. If you are going to spend money buying the book, do the work. You have to reflect on what you have read and take action.
- [13:50] The second book – “Girl, Confident”. I want to write stories that will get people excited about the things that scare them the most.
- [16:56] How to get exactly what you desire confidently?
A lot of times people are waiting until they stop feeling fear. That’s the problem. You have to take action while you are scared. Let go of your emotional attachment to the outcome. You have to be okay that some people are going to laugh at you or judge you.
- [23:30] Tell us about your business model, in particular, Affiliate Marketing and generating $100,000 within 18 months.
I helped a girl with Affiliate Marketing and she achieved over $100,000 within the first 7 months.
- [25:00] 2 main points to the success in Affiliate Marketing:
(i) Integrity – I don’t just promote anything, I am very selective.
(ii) Engagement – I engage with people with a high touch experience. I will get on the phone and do one-on-one call.
- [27:30] How do you define success?
In this moment, success means honoring what I want at my most selfish level. Selfish self here means really being true and honest with yourself and the people around you about what you want and what you need. When personal wants and needs are not being met at the highest level, not referring to big things but the highest level of fulfillment, you cannot show-up fully and you cannot serve other people at your absolute best.
- [30:16] Who are your mentors and your thoughts on investing in yourself?
The best investment is investing in yourself if you are willing to cash in on that investment by doing the work.
- [31:45] Do your homework before you hire a coach to get the right one. I have a network of amazing mentors.
- 2 key points:
- People want to learn from other people who have done what they are trying to do.
- The best investment is investing in yourself.
Successful People are Full of C.R.A.P.