Today we are talking about planning for 2017. We want to share with you five key steps that will really help you plan 2017. These are things we collectively do ourselves that have worked for us.
- Review (audit) the year. You really want to see what has worked for you this year. Is it the projects or partnerships or just a clarity in your message? Then you really need to look at the other side. What’s not working for you? A lot of times when things aren’t working for you, you are either not in alignment or you have a missing link somewhere. This audit is critical because it will allow you as you start to plan for next year to really focus on building on your strengths and to look at the things that are not working as opportunities.
- How do you want to feel next year? Do you want to feel empowered? Do you want to feel motivated? Do you want to feel free? Identify how you want to feel next year because once that clock turns if we haven’t planned well we scramble and get really immersed in the day to day, week to week and month to month activities and we don’t really stop and set the intention of how we want to feel for the whole entire year.
- We all have a million and a half ideas of what we want our year to look like. This is an opportunity for you to write it all out. Do a physical brain dump of everything that you’re potentially thinking that you want to bring to fruition next year. Once you start to put all that together the next step is to categorize it. Then prioritize the top three categories (or top three main projects) that are really going to impact you and make you feel the way that you want to.
- Pick the top three things you’re going to do in the next 90 days. These need to be tangible things so you see results in 90 days. Once you’ve identified three (you can have 3-5, I would not go more than 5) plan weekly or bi-weekly the tasks that need to get done with each goal. There is something called the Daily Action Planner. You can look it up, it’s an amazing planner. If you’re one of those people who likes to write things down and categorize it will help you with your 90 day planning.
- We’re all entrepreneurs and it’s hard sometimes to keep yourself accountable. One of the biggest issues people have is breaking promises made to ourselves because there is no one keeping us accountable. Find a group of people you respect either in your mastermind if you are part of one (and if you’re not you should really consider it) or other accountability group and declare your goals for next year. Declare them and allow people to give you constructive feedback and challenge you on some of your goals.
We’re both coaches, strategists and business people in our own right. A lot of what we do is help people just like you build and grow your brands and scale them, make them profitable and really get you clear on what your goals should be for next year and how to get there. So if you’re looking for additional support check us out. Our websites are www.seemaalexander.com and www.kellylynnadams.com. We also both include a 30 minute free consultation. Whatever you want we are there for you and that’s the whole intention of this. We want you to have an incredible 2017.